Let’s catch you up to speed, shall we?
A lot has happened since… May. Like, the snow has melted, summer has completely gone by and oh would you look at that! It’s September. We just returned from an AWESOME weekend with our family in Pennsylvania. JC’s parents just bought a house in the middle of the woods (literally), and it’s absolutely beautiful. We couldn’t have had a better visit, if only it were longer. The group of us had a blast and together we made: friends, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandkids, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunties, and a tee tee… I think I covered everyone. Oh, and Smokey the cat who produced a steady supply of dead mice.
I wish I had a group picture of us on the deck sipping sodas, reminiscing and reconnecting. There I go, getting all sentimental on you.
Although I don’t have any group pictures, I do have a few pictures of the cuties we hung out with this weekend:
This is big sister Carly! JC’s sister, Bernadette and her husband Clint have two adorable kiddo’s. Here’s Carly’s little brother, Rogue.
We had such a blast with them!
So, now what’s new with out house? Like I said before, a lot has happened since my last post about painting the kitchen. Here’s a few things that we’ve accomplished:
- We have installed new or refinished floors in the living room, dining room, and lounge area.
- We rebuilt our chicken coop.
- We tore down our old chimney and installed a new one all by ourselves (and by that I mean JC, Clint, Wes, and Adam did all the work and an AMAZING job.)
- We moved our boiler out of the garage and installed it in the basement.
- JC cut, split, and stacked ALL of our firewood like a madman.
- Ect, ect, ect…
I’ll review these items in detail with pictures when I can catch my breath. It’s been a crazy busy summer. Longer hours at work + beautiful weather = no desire to be on the computer, thus my lack of presence on the blog. I’ll be back soon this time, promise.